Thursday, September 2, 2010

Library Wiki citation, take2

This is take-2 on my citation for a Library Wiki.


Fran Huges, (1998), 21cschoollibrary. Viewed 11th April 2010.
< http://21cschoollibrary.wikispaces.com/ >

This wiki seems to have been created by someone named Fran Huges, for whom I can find only a Flickr page. As I mentioned before, the wiki is quite small and seems to consist primarily of links to other places and sources of information, with a small number of videos scattered throughout. Just by looking I can see that most of the information linked to is either for, or from sources within Australian Schools, or topically relavant.

The photos section of the site was one of the more filled out sections and seemed to me to be the most interesting, as it contained links directing me to many different Flickr photostreams, most for individual Libraries and one to a series of pictures showing the before and after of a refurbished Library.

I discovered as I was searching, that this wiki is listed under the teacher resources on the EDNA site, which rather makes it more of a Teacher's resource, instead of a Library resource. Despite that, the wiki seems to have promise. It has compiled quite a few resource links on various topics associated with making a modern school Library.

1 comment:

  1. I like this site, thanks for sharing it. I will add it to my favourites to explore more thoroughly at a later stage. Good annotation and citation. CP

    ReplyDelete