Monday, March 1, 2010

First Post

This blog, much like my other blog, will be related to my class work. (We apparently weren't allowed to re-use our last blog, which kind of confused me as I thought that by reusing it I could save space.) In particular, this blog will be about Libraries and the implementation and use of web 2.0 tech and other digital medias in them.

As this week is my first post it will probably be quite short and I still have to go make sure my igoogle is still up and running from last year before lunch.

So, here are some linkies, for things that we discussed in class today.

Athenaeum - This is a Library management program, marketed towards school Libraries. I think that is the correct link, there were a few from different sources.

Kompozer - A free web-authoring program that, according to my course supervisor, is relatively simple to learn and use.

Library Thing - An online cataloguing service.

We were asked to find out what LinkedIn was, which was referenced in an article we read in class. LinkedIn seems at first glance to be a kind of hybrid messaging/networking thing.

Also, becuase we discussed copyright issues today, here is a video on the subject of music "piracy" whose opinion I agree with.

- Piff

2 comments:

  1. This is excellent work, Christine. Well done. I love the way you ahve provided links to the applications mentioned in class. You have also expanded on some of the topics. Well done

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the video too - very true how would we be if the musical scale had been copyrighted?

    ReplyDelete